Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Love Letter To Red Eye

Dear Red Eye,

It was a typical evening for me stretching into the early hours of February 6, 2007. I was watching the replays of all the prime time shows on Fox News Channel. Then, 2:00 AM rolled around and all of a sudden something new was there. It was you.

I was confused, bewildered, and intrigued. Saw this new music, new set, new people, and the crawl at the bottom of the screen was gone. I was like, "WTF is this?". I watched. I saw something that really appealed to me and it took all of about 5 minutes for me to decide I loved you.

Greg Gutfeld came on and started talking about whatever was in the news that day, but there was a bit of a twist. It wasn't like the normal Fox News shows, this was different. He appealed to my ADD nature and my love of current events. Then it was thrown to your repulsive side-kick Bill Schulz and his witty remarks came on and I wanted more. Then at halfway through, this guy named Andy Levy came on and gave an ombudsman report right in the middle of the show calling no bullshit from those on the panel. This also appealed to me because this was different than any other show on television.

I endeavored to stay up the next night to make sure you were not an anomaly. You weren't, I was relieved. Ever since that first night and that first week, you have given me reason to stay up at night to see fun social commentary on the days events.

You have also brought me to know a lot of cool people on Facebook and Twitter. Some I've met in person. Some I wish I could meet in person. Also, Red Eye, you have read a couple of my letters on air. I thank you for giving me that personal connection. In addition to that personal connection, Bill and Andy have both tweeted at me, which was super cool.

Now, something I didn't like is when you switched from 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM. I didn't want you to go a changing but you did. Reluctantly, I accepted those changes. There were some other changes with the show which were less objectionable such as no longer "drawing the news" or having a certain Canadienne who was a regular at first.

So, with that said, thank you for being there for me, and I'll always be there for you.

From the saddle of my magical unicorn,

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment